Explore Ho Chi Minh City with a local student guide for a sightseeing tour with a different twist. Benefit from the insider knowledge of your student guide and travel like a local on the back of a motorbike, instead of by coach or car. The motorbike can easily maneuver through traffic and let you access places that larger vehicles cannot reach, providing a more comprehensive experience of the city.
Price $16 USD /person (8 years & older)
- Child from 3 to 7 years: 8 USD
- Child from 0 to 2 years: Free
Start time 8:00 AM | 1:00 PM
Duration 3 Hours
- Pay cash at the end of the tour in USD or VND.
- Or Pay in advance
- #1: LOCAL WET MARKET: walk around the market to see how people sell and buy their groceries and fresh ingredients for their meals
- #2: OLD APARTMENT AREA: we will walk deep to the alleys and places that people live and make money for their life.
- #3: TEN THOUSAND BUDDHAS PAGODA: then will visit a great designed pagoda by dragons and ten thousand Buddha
- #4: MONUMENT OF THE MONK WHO BURNED HIMSELF TO DEATH: The story of a hero
- #5: LOCAL LIFE THROUGH THE BACK ALLEYS
- #6: COLORFUL WHOLE FLOWER MARKET
- #7: LOCAL COFFEE SHOP
After warm greeting with our friendly guides, we will put on your helmet and then start the adventure.
Our first stop is at a hero monument – the monk Thich Quang Duc who burnt himself during the Vietnam War. You will learn more about the history of the city and the very hard time of the local people during the war.
Next is the time to explore the local life, you may be the only tourists there. We will walk together through Old Apartment Area – beautiful old part of the town and the colorful wholesale Flower Market. Your guides will explain for you about local life and how people lives, has fun and makes a living.
Continue your adventure by motorbike through the back alley of Saigon through District 10 and 5, see and learn more about local life through the slum area, and wet markets. We next go to visit District 5, a part of the china town, on our motorbike you will see the markets and local life of a strong community and neighborhood connection.
After stopping at a pagoda, You will be amazed when you see the most beautiful Buddha pagoda in town with ten thousand Buddha statues and beautiful detailed design.
The last stop is at a local coffee shop, the guide will introduce you the art to make the best coffee in the world – Vietnamese coffee. You will enjoy the best Vietnamese coffee while getting to know more about each other, our life as local university students and yours.
- Private English speaking tour guide
- Private motorbike, fuel
- Free hotel pickup and drop off (District 1, 3, 4 and 5 – some exclusions apply)
- High-quality open-faced helmet
- Vietnamese coffee
- Rain poncho (if needed)
… and lots of smiles : )