- Log onto the one and only official Vietnam E-Visa Site
- Apply for a visa letter online at least a week before your trip. The processing fee is 25 USD.
- Print out the e-visa once it’s sent to you. It will take 3 to 6 days to arrive. Your e-visa should look similar to the image below.
- Bring the e-visa with you on your flight.
- Present your e-visa to the immigration clerk at the Vietnamese airport.
E-visas allow you to stay in Vietnam for 30 days. If you want to visit for longer, look into visa on arrival.
A Sample of an eVisa Vietnam.
E-VISA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I. General questions
1. Who is eligible for an e-Visa?
Vietnam is currently launching a pilot e-Visa system for citizens from 80 countries.
2. How long does it take to obtain an e-Visa?
An e-Visa is processed within 03 working days after the Vietnam Immigration Department receives the completed application and full e-Visa fee.
3. How long is an e-Visa valid for?
An e-Visa is single entry and valid for amaximum of 30 days.
4. What is the minimum passport expiry date required to apply for an e-Visa?
According to Vietnam Law, the visa expiry date must be at least 30 days before the passport expiry date. Therefore, an e-Visa expiry date must also be at least 30 days before the passport expiry date.
5. How can I check my e-Visa result?
To check an e-Visa result, follow these steps:
Step 1: Vist the page: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/tra-cuu-ho-so
Step 2: Provide the required information, including registration code, email and date of birth, to check and print your e-Visa result.
* Note: – Registration code must be saved in order to check and print e-Visa.
– No email will be sent regarding e-Visa results.
6. What if I have queries about my e-Visa?
Two options are available to answer queries:
Option 1: Check for more information on the FAQs page.
Option 2: Send your queries via the e-Visa Support page.
II. E-Visa application procedures
1. How can I apply to stay in Vietnam for longer than my e-Visa permits?
After entering Vietnam by e-Visa, you can request an agency/organization/individual in Vietnam to guarantee your stay and apply on your behalf for a new visa at the Vietnam Immigration Department in accordance with Section 1, Article 16 of the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam.
2. Can a Vietnamese citizen invite orguarantee my stay in Vietnam andapply for an e-Visa on my behalf?
Vietnamese citizens are not allowed to guarantee a foreigner’s stay in Vietnam with e-Visa. Foreigners must apply for an e-Visa either by themselves or through a guaranteeing agency or organization in Vietnam.
3. How does an inviting or guaranteeing agency or organization apply for an e-Visa on my behalf?
Inviting or guaranteeing agencies or organizations must follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for an account and electronic signature via Form 03 to sign in.
Step 2:Provide the required information of the foreign applicant, sign the application with the registered electronic signature and pay the e-Visa fee to complete the procedure.
10. As an airline representative, how can I search forthe e-Visa information of passengers flying to Vietnam?
You can check passengers’ e-Visa information by the following steps:
Step 1:Apply for an account via Form 03.
Step 2:Sign in with the account to check passengers’ e-Visa information.
III. Completing the e-Visa application
1. What photos are required for the application?
Two photos of the applicant must be uploaded:
-Portrait photo (4x6cm): Looking straight and without glasses.
-Passport data page: Full page including photo, personal information and ICAO lines.
2. What if my name is too long or includes special characters?
Write your full name as it appears in the ICAO line of your passport data page.
3. Is it necessary to complete all required information in the application?
Yes. You must completeall required information to be eligible to receive an e-Visa.
IV. E-Visa feeand payment
1. How much is the e-Visa fee?
The current e-Visa fee is 25USD.
2. How can I make a payment for my e-Visa
Payment is made via bank account. To make a payment, follow these steps:
Step 1: Choose 1 of the 4 payment methods listed on the web page.
Step 2: Provide the required information and click “Pay” to complete the procedure.
3. If my e-Visa is refused or unused, will my payment be refunded?
No. Payments for e-Visa applicationsare non-refundable.
V. Entry & exit with an e-Visa
1. Which entry & exit checkpoints allow e-Visa holders to enter and exit Vietnam?
E-Visa holders can enter and exit Vietnam through any checkpoint in 33 international checkpoints.
To check more information, visit Vietnam e-Visa website.
2. If I use my e-Visa to enter/exit Vietnam, what do I have to do at the checkpoint?
E-Visa holders must present the printed e-Visa and valid passport at the checkpoint.
3. Do I need to enter Vietnam on the exact date specified in my e-Visa application?
The validity period of your e-Visa begins from the date specified in your approved e-Visa document. You can enter Vietnam on any date within thisvalidity period.
4. Can I enter Vietnam before or after the validity period specified in my e-Visa?
No. You cannot enter Vietnam before or after the validity period specified in your e-Visa.
5. What if I want to enter Vietnam before my e-Visa validity period?
You must completea new e-Visa application. The previous e-Visa application will be cancelled once the new e-Visa is issued./.